Monday, June 20, 2011

"Steel Derby On the Way!!"

Most of those that read my stuff know I like James Bond. Bond books and movies have become a staple of reading and movies for countless folks who like the spy genre. I'm a purist and I compare all the new Bonds to Sean Connery. I like the "new guy"; I think he has recaptured the "Connery attitude". One of the best things of the Bond books and movies were the villains. Last year, I wrote about Ernst Stavro Bloefeld; the mastermind behind S.P.E.C.T.R.E.; I believe I had more fun with that piece than many of my other writings. Ian Flemming always had a great criminal brain to combat Bond's quick thinking and intelligence. Flemming also always had a great physical villain to test Bond in bravery and aggressiveness. I remember "Jaws" with the steel teeth with glee; what a great "bad guy". The best of those physical guys was "Odd-Job" from "Goldfinger". Odd-Job was menacing without using words; he would grin and nod his head, then he would "throw his steel-ringed derby" and cut his target in half. The big confrontation with Odd-Job came in the vault of Fort Knox, after Bond freed himself from a nuclear bomb which was meant to contaminate the United States Gold supply for 200 years. Bond's efforts against Odd-Job weren't going well, as he threw heavy gold bars against the villain with zero effect. Odd-Job finally removed his "Hat" and threw it, but missed Bond. Reacting like the hero he was, Bond took an exposed power cord and electrocuted Odd-Job; once again "saving the day". That was a pretty scary hat! Tossing that hat could have ended the hero's career for good.

About a week or so ago, we saw the first Republican presidential hopefuls engage in debate. This debate was not held on FOX NEWS. I believe this was a good thing, because the left would have cried that only "softball" questions would have been delivered by FOX; personally, I don't believe this, but perception could become reality in the mainstream media had FOX been the mediator. Leading questions meant to start a dog fight by the mediator were addressed without the political rancor that was hoped for; there was little political blood spilled among the prospective candidates. The real target for all of them was Barrack Obama, and they were relentless. It was not a good evening for the President.

Today, we are hearing sounds from Texas; Rick Perry, the governor, seems to be exhibiting interest in the Oval Office. Perry is a fiscal conservative, a pro-life advocate, a pro second amendment supporter and anti illegal alien. He is also an Evangelical Christian. He is the nightmare of the left! He can be the favorite son of American conservatives if he pursues the White House. I feel Governor Perry is seriously considering "tossing in his hat", and I couldn't be happier. Unlike Odd-Job, I think Governor Perry's hat won't miss the target, and it will be cut in half! To all of my readers who are fed up with Obama's arrogance and ineptitude, I highly recommend looking into Rick Perry's credentials. I believe you will all be pleased with what you find. LOOK OUT BARRACK, HERE COMES THAT HAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment