Monday, May 21, 2012

"I Now Pronounce You, MAN and WIFE!!"


Do you like being forced into anything that you really don’t want to do? I believe most Americans are an easy going lot, who like to kind of “go with the flow”. My neighbors are nice quiet people and they live their lives as they see fit, and I stand behind their right to do that. They stay at home on Sunday; I don’t believe they are church goers, and, in America, you aren’t forced to attend church. I have neighbors who are liberal Democrats, and I believe they certainly have a right to their political beliefs, no matter how much I disagree with them. I believe in our Constitution, and I believe it is constructed to give every citizen great individual freedom. I also believe our Constitution protects us from others who wish to infringe on our beliefs and freedoms.

Recently, the new “hot button issue” in America is homosexual marriage rights. Barack Obama has made it known that he “has grown” over the last three+ years and he now believes in homosexual marriage. He even believes this may be a civil rights issue.

We have civil marriage ceremonies performed every day of the week in courthouses all over America. Two people stand in front of a judge and he or she does a ceremony that binds one person to another, supposedly for life, but sometimes, they don’t last that long. Most folks on the left advocate homosexual marriage; I’m not too surprised as the “Gay Community” is overwhelmingly leftist.

Mitt Romney and virtually all conservative Americans believe a marriage should be between a man and a woman; you know, traditional marriage that has been recognized since this institution came into existence. Marriage is based in Old Testament Biblical teaching, as a union created by Almighty God. The Judeo-Christian marriage has definite rules and precepts defined in the Bible. The precepts of the Bible aren’t very agreeable to the beliefs of the “Gay Community”; in fact, the rules specifically say men should not lie with men, as they lie with women; it is an abomination in the eyes of God. I’m pretty sure the Quran is even rougher about this than the Bible; it calls for death and beheadings for this “offense”.

Believe it or not, I understand the argument for homosexual marriage from a point of view that sees the desire for a legal binding between people who are engaged in a “long-term relationship”. I understand those homosexual couples want certain protections that heterosexual couples have had over the course of their lives.

I have a certain point of concern on this issue though: if the United States were to adopt a policy that advocated homosexual marriage, would a church, Mosque or Synagogue have libel issues if they refuse to perform a homosexual wedding?

We are now living in a society that is rampant with litigious citizens, and the A.C.L.U. who love to instigate lawsuits against any institution that wants to stand by “spiritual principles”, and mask the suit as an issue of intolerance and prejudice; perhaps, even bordering on “hate speech” and “hate crime”. Will Pastors, Priests, Rabbis and Imams be accused of a crime if they refuse to condone a homosexual marriage?

In my “heart of hearts”, I know there is a homosexual couple somewhere out there that is already contemplating this confrontation with a traditional church, just to test this out.

I attend a Bible believing church, which teaches marriage is between a man and a woman; period, no exceptions. What will happen if my pastor says NO to that first homosexual couple that knocks on our church door? Does the government have the right to force a religious group to do something that is in direct conflict with its core beliefs? The government is already trying this with health care; what is next?

No comments:

Post a Comment