Monday, May 14, 2012

"America Won't Be Attending"


I remember when my daughter was a little girl, perhaps seven or eight, and she was invited to a birthday party for a little boy she knew. The party was supposed to take place on a Saturday afternoon; I believe there was to be pizza, cake and ice cream; you know, the usual fare at a child’s party. My wife and I arrived at the little boy’s home at the appointed time and dropped my daughter off saying we would be back in about two hours. We left to run some errands and get a bite to eat, and then returned to the little boy’s home to pick up my daughter. To our surprise, there were no other children there when we arrived; I thought perhaps they may have all been picked up already. My daughter thanked the young boy and his parents for having her and wished him a happy birthday again; then, we left.

When we got in the car, I asked my daughter how many other kids showed up after we dropped her off. She said to me, “Dad, no other kids came; they all called and said they couldn’t make it.” I asked her why the kids didn’t show up, and she said some of the kids “Didn’t like Gabe, and they told the other kids not to go to his party.” I felt very sorry for that little boy on that day; he wasn’t popular, so he was alone except for my daughter and his parents on his birthday, and when you’re seven years old that must be a terrible feeling.

We all like being “popular”, we all like having friends who want to be around us to have a good time. Sometimes an incident can cause us to lose our friends, such as a divorce or a legal altercation, and the people who we thought were our friends are oddly missing from our lives. Sometimes trouble can put a little distance between us and those we thought would stand by us.

I spend much of my time documenting the failures of our current President, and believe me, that can be a full time job. Over the course of Mr. Obama’s current term, there have been “scandal-a-plenty” and lost taxpayer’s money that is almost too high to calculate. It now seems the American voter is finally “getting the picture” on Barack Hussein Obama and it’s not going over too well for him. Most of the recent polls show him struggling to stay even with presumptive Republican Candidate, Mitt Romney, even with his latest ploy of endorsement of “gay marriage”. Obama is raising record funds for his re-election, but money really isn’t his problem; policy and issues are what he can’t fix.

The President has a planned Economic Summit this month with several world leaders. This is to be held at Camp David away from the public eye; this was changed from a proposed meeting in Chicago.

At virtually the “last minute”, the new Russian President, Vladimir Putin, withdrew from the conference, saying he was “too busy” setting up his new cabinet. In the translation, what it really says is “Barack, you are on really shaky ground with your people and I don’t think I will waste my time talking to you until I know you will be President next year.” Vladimir Putin isn’t going to any parties given for or by, Barack Obama. Oddly, I don’t feel nearly as sorry for Mr. Obama as I did for my daughter’s friend Gabe.

Sorry Mr. Obama, I know you are planning a “BIG PARTY” in November, but I don’t think America is planning on attending; BOO-HOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment