Tuesday, March 9, 2010

" Tattle Tale!!"

Did you ever get caught doing anything you weren't supposed to be doing? As a child I'm sure most of us went through a situation like this. Being called on the carpet for a misdeed or misbehavior is never any fun. My grandmother used to make the best candied sweet potatoes on planet Earth. Every Thanksgiving she would prepare them a day before the "big meal" and store them in our downstairs refrigerator, to be heated up on Thanksgiving. This was a great temptation for a ten year old walking appetite, especially when all I had to do was sneak down to the basement, open the fridge, and steal the forbidden delights. Well at that particular Thanksgiving I was really obsessed over those sweet potatoes and I made several trips downstairs to sample the hidden treasure. Little did I know one of my brothers or sisters was monitoring my movements with the proficiency of "James Bond". I found out later from my Mom that my "crime" had been revealed by one of my siblings, whose name remains a secret to this day. I'll never find out who that "stool pigeon" was. Back then there was nothing worse than being a "tattle tale"! To have one of "my own" turn me in really hurt, in more ways then one!

Last week a New York congressperson resigned, his name is Eric Massa and he has been very vocal about the situation involving his resignation and the events by which it was surrounded. I'm not familiar with the circumstances surrounding Massa's resignation so I am unable to make any comment about the particulars. Like most politicians I'm sure he is not "pure as the driven snow", there is probably some substance to his charges or he probably wouldn't have turned in his "quitting papers", yet I can't help feeling there is more involved then the surface situation is showing. Massa claims he was coerced into resigning by Rahm Emanuel when he refused to support Barack Obama's health-care proposal. Now Massa has revealed an alleged conversation with Emanuel saying he was accosted in a shower stall and threatened in a verbal and physical assault over his reticence to support Obama-care. Massa made a statement to the press recently about Mr. Emanuel saying, "Rahm Emanuel is the devil's spawn...he is an individual who would sell his own mother to get a vote...he would strap his children to the front of a steam locomotive.."! Explosive words probably not welcomed by the Obama administration, especially from a democrat.

If there is any truth to what Massa alleged it opens a window into the inner workings of the White House that is quite disturbing; it gives us another example of Chicago "strong arm" politics being used as standard procedure by our Chief Executive to impose his will on others. I'm sure Barack Obama and his cohorts are unhappy with the "stool pigeon", Massa, for telling tales out of school; you know "not for publication".

This is one member of Congress, how much more is happening that the general public doesn't know about? We could use a few more "tattle tales" to find out what is hidden beneath the facade of Barack Obama's image!

No comments:

Post a Comment