Monday, March 1, 2010

"Personal Message"

Over the weekend there was a massive earthquake in Chile; last month there was a massive earthquake in Haiti; a few weeks earlier we had tremors in Illinois. Most people will chalk these events up to earth doing what the earth does. There is evidence that this could all be the natural movements of our planet behaving the way it has for thousands of years; nothing to be concerned over.

I am a Christian, I don't often advertise this in my writing as I believe your faith is something you must live out and allow others to inquire about rather than give the impression of being "preachy" about my faith. I personally believe most people are alienated by those well meaning folks that "get in your face" about Jesus and his teachings and his sacrifice. I'm one of those people who believe the Bible as it is written. It is very clear about what is prophecy, what is history, and what are parables (illustrations) for the readers. I believe this book is the only Anointed Word of God. I'm sure there are many of you who may take umbrage with this statement and that is your right, as the Creator gave us all free will; yet I would be remiss if I didn't use this forum to give what knowledge I have received from the Bible to all who may read this.

To many believing Christians the reforming of Israel in 1948 was a benchmark in prophecy; it represents the beginning of the generation that will witness the return of Jesus and the final judgement of the Lord on the world He created. Matthew 24:7 says" For nation will rise against nation, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes" verse 8 says,"all these things are merely the beginnings of birth pangs." I believe that we are in the time of biblical prophecy, you may disagree, I feel duty bound to say these things because failing to do so would be a disservice to all of you and to my God.

Faith is the belief in things not seen, now those unseen thing are starting to be revealed to all of mankind to see. Many of these happenings will be explained away and put aside by the world, some will discount what is happening as the natural order of things. I am making a request of all of you who read this. Please take the time to look further, find a Christian that you trust, get a Bible with a translation that is easily read and address the scenario I've presented to you today. Don't take my word for any of this, please make your own inquiries and then decide for yourself.

Usually I have a current political message; some things transcend politics, are more important than our worldly concerns. I will not use this again for a Christian forum, I just wanted to make sure I didn't let everyone who reads this miss a chance to consider Jesus. I hope all of you have a blessed day, and thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment