Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Shoddy Repairman"


If you are reading this, then you have a computer. When I first got a computer, I was scared to death; I didn’t know ANYTHING ABOUT COMPUTERS! If my screen went dark, or it froze, or any problem at all came about, I hollered for my wife or daughter; I was totally baffled by this machine. I am now a little more comfortable with this “modern marvel”, and I don’t scream nearly as much as I used too.

As a young man, I did much of the work on my car myself, as I learned much from my Dad and his friends and gleaned knowledge from them. Now I am pretty confident when I diagnose a problem with our vehicles, yet when a problem is beyond my expertise, I will always yield to someone with more knowledge. I won’t even go near an electrical problem; that stuff scares me!! I’m sure most of you will try to find an expert to fix certain problems you encounter either with your vehicles or your homes and are willing to pay the price for “expert repair”. Now I know some of you have friends who are “experts” in just about everything, and will tell you stories of all of their accomplishments in the “world of repairs”, and some of you may have taken their advice, only to find out they are as clueless as you are. Free advice is worth everything you paid for, absolutely nothing!! Conversely, if you pay good money for expert repair, YOU WANT IT FIXED!!

Last week, our President, Barack Obama, was interviewed by Charlie Rose of CBS. During his interview, Mr. Obama stated that “Washington feels as broken as it did four years ago.” He continued on in the interview once again citing political discord as the reason for our dismal economy, high unemployment and failing GNP. I guess that first two years of Democrat control meant nothing, other than a forced healthcare bill America didn’t want. I guess that “green initiative” that turned into a conflagration of our tax dollars didn’t mean anything either. It must be because there are Republicans in Washington. They are responsible for the runaway spending of the first two years, and they are responsible for America suffering its first bond rating drop in history, even though Mr. Obama and his Democrat controlled Congress was in session at the time.

Mr. Obama took the Office of President on a platform of “fixing the Washington mess” and restoring “transparency” to government. During his interview, he stated “He has fallen short”; he is the master of the understatement.

Falling short doesn’t come close to what Barack Obama has done to America in less than four years. Neighborhoods are virtual forests of “for sale” signs and foreclosures are at record numbers; even the “doctored” unemployment numbers are more than he said they would ever be after he took office. New job figures are almost laughable when most economists tell us they need sustained growth of at least 250,000 jobs to call this a recovery. This repairman isn’t getting the job done; and I don’t mean he’s “falling short”; he is a FAILURE! All he can do now is disparage his competition. Let’s face facts, Mr. Obama, your pipes are leaking, your connections are loose, your boards are warped and I think I smell gas! I agree that Washington is broken, but I think we need a new guy; this one isn’t very handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment