Friday, July 20, 2012

"Great Expectations"(apology to Dickens)


Why do most people purchase certain items from certain businesses? I believe we purchase because of need, want, price, service and quality. I believe we all want more “bang for our buck” when we reach into our wallets.

I recently purchased a truck from a local car dealer. We have three new car dealers in our area; I only deal with one of them, as I have had good experience with that dealer in past transactions. I get good value and great service from a caring staff, and I would happily recommend this dealer to anyone contemplating a vehicle purchase.

Many years earlier, I went into another local dealer with the intention to buy a car for my wife. When we entered the showroom, there were balloons and streamers everywhere. The sales persons were each seated at small tables and we were quickly asked to sit down. That was okay with me, except they immediately asked me “How much did I want to spend?” I hadn’t even told them my name or what type of vehicle I wanted; all they were interested in was how much they could get out of me. I asked them about a certain used car and told them how much I was willing to pay for it. We sat in that showroom for over two hours, playing a game of walking back to “talk to the manager”; I spent several years in the car business and I knew this game, but I wasn’t buying into the scenario. I finally got fed up and said to my wife “Let’s go!” and home we went. Approximately an hour later my phone rang; it was the salesman telling me he was willing to sell me the car for my price; I responded with “I’m not interested”; he followed up with a lower price and an offer to deliver the vehicle to my home that evening. I declined the deal, as I had lost all respect for this dealer and haven’t gone there since. I have expectations when I make certain decisions, and I won’t compromise my expectations.

As Americans, don’t we have the right to certain expectations from those we entrust with public office?

I want public servants to protect my Constitutional Rights, and to follow the Constitution as it is written; does this sound unreasonable?

I want the United States Constitution to have sovereignty over any other agreement without exception; does this sound unreasonable to you?

I want the safety and security of the United States of America to be the first concern of all elected officials; does this sound unreasonable to you?

I want all corruption investigated by any branch of the government, regardless of where that investigation may lead; does this sound unreasonable to you?

I want America to remain a nation of individual freedom, yet not a nation of preferred rights to any pressure group of race, creed, economic status or political philosophy; does this sound unreasonable to you?

I want the government to stay out of my personal life, as long as I don’t infringe on the life of others; does this sound unreasonable to you?

In November, we will be making choices in regards to the direction America will be going for the next four years, and we must measure the direction we have gone under our present leadership. Have you seen a protection of our Constitution, a safe and secure border, a thriving free market, investigation of corrupt policies and even-handed treatment of all Americans by our Justice Department? I know what I have seen since this administration has assumed power, and it is definitely BELOW EXPECTATIONS in my book. What will you expect from four more years of Barack Hussein Obama?

No comments:

Post a Comment