Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"He Went To Town!"


We have a big Wal-Mart store in our town, and just about everybody for several miles around shops there. Some people say you can find everything you need in Wal-Mart. I don’t know if you can find everything, but you can find quite a bit of stuff in Wal-Mart. Our Wal-Mart has one general manager, who oversees the entire store, yet he has several people who run different departments; you know, auto, electronics, furniture, clothing and groceries. I don’t believe one man could keep track of everything going on in a large Wal-Mart store completely by himself, but I’m sure he must meet with his department heads on a daily basis to “keep his finger on the pulse of the operation”.

As a platoon sergeant, I had four squad leaders, each had ten men in their prospective charge, and each squad had specific duties. Each day I would meet with our platoon leader, Lt. Horowitz, and he would tell me about our platoon’s scheduled assignments of the day. It was my responsibility to see that those assignments were carried out properly. I had 44 men to carry out our duties; I couldn’t stand over every one of them and I had to rely on the capabilities of my squad leaders to do the hands-on supervision of his men. I expected to be informed about any situation that affected our operations in a timely manner by each squad leader. Like any good platoon sergeant, I would show up at each squad’s area of assignment to check on their progress; I would be unannounced, you know; a surprise! Sometimes it was a good surprise, and sometimes it was a mass butt chewing; this all depended on whether my squad leaders were doing their jobs correctly. I didn’t like surprises! My men knew I didn’t like surprises, and they knew I would stick my nose in at any time, so it was a good idea to follow my orders as they were given. It was a rare day when I didn’t give the guy’s an unexpected visit; after all, if they screwed up, it was MY BUTT that got chewed, and I didn’t like that too much. When my men had duty assignments, I didn’t go to town; I was supposed to be involved with their assignments; a good leader stays near his men.

Jeffery Immelt is President Obama’s head of the Jobs Council, the organization that is meant to find ways to restore America’s lost jobs. Mr. Immelt is also head of General Electric, which has outsourced 1.2 billion dollars in stimulus funds to build wind turbines in Vietnam, which would be sold in America and around the world! I don’t believe that is creating too many American jobs, do you?

All this talk about Mr. Immelt is pretty interesting, yet the point I want to make today is that Mr. Obama has a Job Council that he hasn’t met with in SIX MONTHS!!! 

America is sitting on the worst job growth in its history and it doesn’t seem to be getting any better, yet our Commander in Chief hasn’t spoken with those who are supposedly working on this problem since New Year’s Day!! Does this say something about how important job growth is to Barack Obama? I don’t know how many golf dates he’s had, or how many fund raisers he’s attended, but I know there had to be a few because I saw them on the news and read about them in the papers. Barack Obama has made sure he’s collected money for his campaign, yet he has put American jobs on the back shelf while he took care of himself! I guess he believes those folks who he put in charge don’t need any type of overseeing from him, so he will “go to town” instead. Sorry America, but you elected a lousy platoon sergeant to supervise America, and he needs a “discharge” real soon!!


(This is my last blog for two weeks, as I have important house guests. I will see you all soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment