Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Protect The Vote!"


I got up this morning and looked in the mirror and saw myself. I assume many of you did the same thing as I did, and had no problem recognizing yourselves. We all know who we are. I recognize my wife and my daughter, and my pastor and several of my friends without too much trouble. When I go to the grocery store, many of the clerks recognize me, and some of the people who work with my wife recognize me as well. I believe I would recognize Donald Trump if I ran into him at Wal-Mart, although I doubt if he would recognize me. I know what Mickey Mouse, Popeye and Woody Woodpecker look like.

When I go into my bank, many of the employees say hello to me when I am making a transaction, yet they still ask for identification when I’m making that transaction; I’m glad they do because they are protecting my finances by doing so. If I’m in a restaurant, and I wish to pay by check, I’m often asked for identification; this is reasonable in order to protect the restaurant from fraudulent check writers.

I vote in a church that is a few blocks from my home, and I know some of the people who work at the polling place. Sometimes I’m greeted with “Hi Joe!” when I walk in; yet, I still have to state my name and address to the person who gives me a ballot. This is to make sure a valid voter is doing the voting. When we first moved here, I had to provide an identification card and valid voter’s card, just to protect the integrity of the election; that is a small price to pay for a legitimate ballot count. Because I live in a smaller town, we haven’t had too much trouble with ineligible voting during our elections; everybody knows everybody. We like legal voters voting in our elections.

We have a BIG ELECTION coming up in November, an election that will have generational consequences. It is very important that only LEGAL voters are allowed to vote in this election. I sincerely hope all Americans feel this way. I know many resident aliens (the legal kind), and they are fine upstanding people, yet, I don’t want them voting in an American election; they aren’t entitled to do this. Our franchise must be limited to LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS!!

Currently, the Supreme Court will be reviewing some states requirement for a picture I.D. card in order to vote in an election. This is a valid precaution to keep any “illegal” voters from stealing America’s election.

This may not make much sense in a small town, where we all know each other, but in Chicago, Detroit, New York or Los Angeles where the population is in the millions, it make “tons of sense”. Election judges in cities of high population can never remember “who is who” on the registry of voters in front of them. Any person of Hispanic background can claim he is “Jose Gomez” with a state I.D. without a picture, and receive a ballot; even if it isn’t really “Jose Gomez”.

I have said it before, if we can throw away 528 million dollars on SOLYNDRA, then why not throw away a few bucks to protect the American electoral system from fraud; one can look at it as a way of “creating jobs” for some photographers and printers, and I know Mr. Obama wants to create more “government jobs”; he already said so.

If the Supreme Court wants to protect our Constitutional rights, it needs to protect our Constitutional voting rights; you know, LEGAL CITIZENS ONLY. Verification of voter legality is imperative to maintain a free republic; don’t you think so!?

No comments:

Post a Comment