Tuesday, December 6, 2011

"VACATION AGAIN!!!"

I remember when I was a little boy the anticipation I had for Christmas vacation. School would let out about three days before the "Big Day", and we would not have to go back until the third of January! My Dad got off a half day on Christmas Eve and had to go back to work on the next work day after Christmas, and it was the same way on New Years for him. I guess the most days he would get off were about four, if the holidays fell on week-ends. It was great to be a kid at Christmas; we just had a party at school, went home and had fun for two whole weeks, and didn't have to think about "readin', writin' or arithmetic" the entire time! Dad, unfortunately, had to go back to work while the toys were still under the tree. I asked him once why he couldn't stay home during our vacation, and he said "I have a job to do, and I have an obligation to be there so I can earn money for all you kids and Mom. You guys are depending on me." Dad was very big on taking care of our family, and fulfilling his obligations, but it sure would have been fun having him around a few more days. As I grew older, I understood exactly what my father meant, as I became a father and husband myself; although, I still wish vacations could last a lot longer!

As you all know, Congress is still confused over what to do about our budget and job situation in America. Bills and proposals are flying back and forth like ping-pong balls at a Chinese picnic. Reid is blaming Boehner, and Boehner is blaming Reid; and nobody seems to be finding any cooperation from anyone. Now, this is big government in action! Barack Obama is very upset by this situation, and he has issued strong words to all the parties involved, threatening a delay in the Christmas break so some agreement can be reached; now that is some pretty strong talk, as long as you don't have to actually do it yourself! It is always easier to tell someone to do something you have no plan of doing yourself!

As Christmas is nearing, Barack Obama is planning a 17 day break in Hawaii for himself and his family (it's good to be the king). Our absentee President who runs off to holidays at every occasion is once again running off into the sunset and avoiding his responsibility as Chief Executive. Be it Hawaii or Martha's Vineyard, Barack Obama likes everywhere better than Washington D.C.! Teddy Roosevelt believed to be a good president said that you need to "Walk softly, and carry a big stick." Barack Obama feels like you need to "Walk 18 holes, and carry a small putter".

When I see Barack Obama's attitude toward the office he holds, I'm astounded by his lack of immediacy to America's pressing situations, I don't see a Jack Kennedy or a Ronald Reagan behaving in the manner Obama has adopted, and I fear for America. I believe we need to send a man to Washington who understands how imminent the dangers are to America; not some guy who likes to GOLF!

No comments:

Post a Comment