Monday, December 5, 2011

"Stocking Stuffer!"

When it comes to shopping, I'm the typical man; I HATE to shop. I don't like going to the mall, or specialty shops or discount houses; and shoe stores are like volunteering for purgatory duty. I mildly enjoy the grocery store, as I always manage to put a few of my favorite snacks into our cart, otherwise shopping isn't my thing. My wife, my daughter and my sister are shopping "gurus", who can spot sales and discounts at 100 meters! At this time of the year, thousands of people flock to malls and department stores all over America.

We are a week passed "Black Friday", a day when folks set alarm clocks to begin their Christmas "hunting trips" early. The figures are now in for that "purchasing event" and they are slightly up from last year. Any rise in spending is good news for our ailing economy. Electronics seem to be the big winner according to the stores; everybody wants a big television or the latest electronic device for Christmas; after all, who wouldn't want to see the "Super Bowl" on a 51" screen!

There was another product that seemed to dominate some of that "Black Friday" spending and some of you might be surprised by what it was; FIREARMS! Yes, my fellow Americans, it was GUNS. The F.B.I. has been flooded with requests for background checks for gun purchases; it seems Americans are arming themselves. Strangely, this is in direct correlation with a DROP IN CRIME in America. Who would've THUNK IT? The more households with guns we have, the fewer the criminals want to enter them; maybe those crooks aren't as dumb as we think they are. I guess I'm a little ahead of the pack on this issue, but I urge the rest of my readers to catch up; armed citizens are BAD FOR CRIMINALS!

Now, I know that people on the left don't agree with me on this issue; and I don't really care. They don't understand that a criminal isn't going to spend $500 on a hand gun; he will get a "black market" weapon for $50 or $75, and then he will mug your grandmother!! I know the Obama administration is anti-gun, because they feel it gives us citizens too much control; kind of the way Mao, Stalin and Hitler felt about guns in public hands.

Now, as I said, I'm not much of a shopper; but I will happily go with my lovely wife to any gun shop she likes to purchase a small caliber hand gun for her personal use; she can even have a "pearl handle" if she likes! So my friends, as Christmas approaches, think about a nice .38 caliber "stocking stuffer" for a loved one. It could be a "bang-up" gift!

(Thanks to my niece Lizzy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment