Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Naughty or Nice?"

We are now in full Christmas mode; commercials and television shows are on nearly every night showcasing the Christmas Season. I remember the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"; it says Santa has a list who tells who is naughty and who is nice! When I was a little kid, I believed this stuff, and I spent some time rationalizing my behavior of the year gone by. After all, in a family of many children, there is a constant flow of arguments and altercations over the course of a year. Still in all, "Santa" was pretty good to all of us.

As I look at America, I am thinking of making out my own naughty or nice list. America certainly has had its share of naughty from politicians, actors, musicians and media folks. Illinois has sent another governor to prison; mark down one "naughty" for Illinois. Illinois is in some of the worst debt in its history; mark down another "naughty" for Illinois. Jesse Jackson Jr. is being looked at for soliciting a vacant senate seat; another "naughty" for Illinois. Wow; Illinois seems to have its share of "naughties" this year! Alas, Illinois isn't alone in its "naughtiness". Eric Holder is caught up in "Fast and Furious" not quite telling the truth; sounds kind of "naughty" Eric! Eric is also not quite telling the truth in the SOLYNDRA scandal; Eric is a "naughty boy"! "OCCUPY Wall Street" has had multiple arrests and possible homicide; now that is "naughty"! Even Charlie Rangel was caught not declaring his assets to the IRS; that's a "naughty' for Charlie! Just a couple of days ago, Al Sharpton had been alleged to owe over a MILLION DOLLARS in unpaid taxes; Al, you have been "naughty" too, and you, a Reverend!! I can't begin to cover the "naughties" of our current President, Barack Obama, who has juggled the truth on unemployment and continued to discount his own responsibility for America's fiscal downward spiral; and continues to yield to a far left agenda; he is a giant on the "naughty" list.

Is there anybody on the nice list? Every man or woman who has given up their time to defend our nation, are certainly at the top of my "nice list"; we are certainly fortunate that we have them! The TEA PARTY, who had ZERO arrests, and stayed within the law during their demonstrations are on my "nice" list. Those folks who defend the rights of unborn children are definitely on my "nice" list. The people who remember that Christmas is about the birth of JESUS are at the top of my "nice" list!

Now, I'm sure I missed some "naughties" and "nices" on my list, and I apologize to forgetting a name or two; you can fill in your own list too. One thing I promise is that I will be "checking it twice" before next years' election. Make sure you "check your list too"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment