Monday, August 22, 2011

"Unlucky?"

I like baseball, as many of you already know. I watch the Chicago White Sox with a passion; I have done so since the mid-1950s. I've seen good teams, and I've seen bad teams, but I've stuck by them for a long time. Recently, I was in Chicago visiting my young and beautiful daughter, Gina; she has the White Sox addiction too. She thought it would be fun to go to the ball park and see the Sox; we had a wonderful time; well, until the first half of the ninth inning. The Sox were winning, and they looked good all night; until two outs and two strikes and suddenly the game fell apart. My daughter and I left a little unhappy as my White Sox threw one away. Their ace short reliever, Santos, just gave it away with a poor pitching performance. I heard some folks saying, as they walked down the long ramps out of the park, it was "bad luck". I'm not a great believer in luck, good or bad. Bad luck is the excuse used by every loser in Las Vegas; not poor decision making. If you are a gambler, these are the people who hit on seventeen when the dealer is showing a six! Bad things do happen, cars breakdown, people trip and fall, and we all look for somewhere to place the blame. It's never our fault, we NEVER MAKE A BAD DECISION. The word I'm talking about here is responsibility; it has to be somebody's fault!

Recently, President Barack Obama has been going across America in his bid for re-election; he is now on vacation. While he has been traveling, he has been speaking about America's economic woes, and he has faced some pointed, if unexpected, questions from ordinary citizens. At times, Mr. Obama has been caught "flat-footed", and seemed ill prepared for those questions. For those who watch Mr. Obama speak, he is very good when speaking from a text or prepared statement, or a teleprompter. When Mr. Obama is caught off guard, he will slightly stammer, and at times, become visibly uneasy and irritated. Sometimes his responses are not the best. Remember when he said "The police acted stupidly", not his best moment. Not long ago, in a speech about the economy, he said we have run into some "bad luck"! This is the most asinine remark I've heard from Barack Obama thus far in his administration. This man has authorized an immense amount of government spending on "bail-outs" and stimulus spending to try to revive our plummeting economy; none of his policies have done anything of substance about unemployment; and he has the audacity to say it was "BAD LUCK". He has yet to take responsibility for any of his failed economic debacles; it is never his fault! In a way, he may be correct; the voters are ultimately responsible for having him in the White House. Not me though (sorry)!

Well, America we need a "lucky streak" pretty badly! We can't continue to back this loser anymore; he's used up most of our bankroll, and he continues to throw "snake eyes". Come November 2012, America needs to "Change Our Luck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment