Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"Book Learnin' "

When you are having home repairs done, what qualifications do you look for? I usually consult some of my friends for a recommendation when searching for a reputable workman. I know I will get an honest opinion from people I trust, and who have had work done by a prospective repairman. Work experience is always a plus when it comes to choosing a tradesman. If a man has little experience, I'm a little reticent about hiring him; I don't want him learning at my expense! I do most of my own repairs, unless it is something that requires tools and expertise I don't have. I can read a book about home furnaces, but I'm not qualified to repair any bodys' furnace. I took electric shop in high school; but I'm certainly no electrician. There is a real difference between "book knowledge" and "real world experience". Sunday, my wife and I were switching our cars around in the drive. As I waited for my wife to move her car, she came running out to my van, obviously upset. She said, "My battery light won't go out, quick come and look at it!" I got out of my van and went up the drive to my wife's car, opened the hood, and looked at the battery. The battery post had alkali deposits on it. A quick fix is to pour baking soda and water on the post; which I did and it remedied the problem. I've had some life experience with cars and recognized the trouble easily; I didn't replace the battery or the electrical system! I knew better from experience.

Our President has tons of higher education. He has a degree from Harvard, very impressive! He taught some law courses on a professorial level, impressive! He has read a lot of books about a lot of stuff, very impressive! Barack Obama is a smart guy, when it comes to "book learnin' ". Unfortunately, Mr. Obama has no real world experience when he tackles our economic problems; he has no real grasp of how our economy works! Investment stimulates growth. When we limit tax money, it is freed to invest in the marketplace. Mr. Obama believes we can tax the upper class in an effort to relieve our economic troubles. This is a spurious theory.

Rich people will always be rich; they will always be able to buy cars, homes, boats and televisions. Mr. Obama stated, "..Since the wealthy aren't holding off buying flat-screen TVs and other big ticket purchases for lack of a tax cut...those tax cuts are unaffordable". The tax increases to the upper income investment class will do nothing but slow any possible economic recovery. We are talking about millions of dollars that will be withheld from the marketplace and will be diverted to government excesses that have yet to produce any real economic growth. We are a free market economy; funds that are drawn away from the free market harm our basic economic system, and Mr. Obama fails to see this first principle of capitalism. Mr. Obama thinks the rich sit around the pool and do nothing to help America. Mr. President, those people, who you so happily vilify are the big investors in America. They are the people who are creating the jobs, building the factories and warehouses and will ultimately grow our ailing economy.

Believe it or not, Mr. Obama, you are the one holding back American growth. Taking more away from America's investors is illogical and harmful to America's welfare. I'm sorry you never ran a business; perhaps, then you could understand capitalism from a practical viewpoint. Books are great, but, experience is the real deal. EXTEND THE TAX CUTS FOR EVERYONE! Please think about the logic; sir, your policies may sound academically correct, but THEY DON'T WORK!

No comments:

Post a Comment