Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"Danger, You May Become A Republican!"

Yesterday was Independence Day; I hope everyone had a great time. I don't know if we understand how great this country really is. I don't know how many of us understand how many places in this world won't allow open protest; won't allow equal rights to all people or won't allow freedom of worship. America is like an island of free thought, surrounded by a sea of oppressive ideological demigods, who use their people as tools to achieve their own purposes and objectives. I worked with some men from Uruguay many years ago, and we talked about what their lives were like. I remember a friend named Jose; he told me that he worked in a factory, and on several occasions, government security people would come into the factory to "question" certain employees who seemed unhappy with "company policy". He told me most men were very "apologetic", while others continued to protest. Those who persisted in protest were walked out the door; usually never to be seen again. Thank God we live in America! I knew some men from Cuba; and I remember one of them saying to me, "Joe, you tell me why you don't see boats full of people sailing to Cuba from Miami!"; then he would laugh. We have those parades for a reason folks; America is a great place and the rest of the oppressed people of the world know it. This could be why we are patriotic!

Last week, an article was published saying "If you go to parades and celebrations over the Independence Day holiday;" you may be in danger of becoming a Republican". Is this the most ludicrous thing you've ever heard? What a nightmare, becoming a Republican! This comes from Harvard University. I guess being patriotic must be a quality only present in the Republicans! I guess only Republicans are stirred by the strains of "God Bless America" or the sight of the "Star Spangled Banner!" Jack Kennedy went to Harvard; well, I guess if you look at JFK and his policies, he probably had more in common with today's Republicans than today's Democrats.

The left will take almost anything and use it to divide this country. Are we united against criminals crossing our borders, are we united in our fight against fiscal irresponsibility and are we against proper behavior and character from our representatives? I'm sure all of you can answer these questions yourselves. In every instance, these issues have been used to divide America by the leftists. Now, the ultimate divisive issue has been brought up; patriotism! Harvard's leftist leaning has concluded that patriotism is not all inclusive in America! When I read this, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. If we believe the premise of the Harvard article, then we must surmise that patriotism is bad, and hating America is good. It costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to Harvard University; this is how they spend that money. I wonder if JFK would approve?

No comments:

Post a Comment