Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"New and Improved!"

"New Improved", "Advanced Formula", "Secret Ingredient" and "New, Space Age Technology" are just some of the phrases we have seen on products in our grocery stores, seemingly, since the beginning of time. We are always in pursuit of the next big product improvement; we always want the latest "Hi-Tech" contraption that is put on the market. I like improvement, it appeals to my entrepreneurial spirit. In America, we reward those who come up with the next great idea; we also reject those products that "look good on T.V." but turn out to be over-priced garbage. I won't name any products, because I don't want to invite a lawsuit; but I'm sure you have all purchased a product only to find out they are far from the miracle they promised to be. I believe we do this to make our lives better, to achieve our goal of "the good life". Sometimes people purchase things to "keep up with the Joneses"; they feel they must be better than their neighbors. Some people don't like their neighbors; some people make "improvements" just to make their neighbors uncomfortable.

Yesterday, Iran announced that they are doing something that is "New Improved" for their neighborhood! Iran, that bastion of peace and tranquility, is installing better nuclear centrifuges! I, for one, applaud their efforts to continue in their pursuit to stabilize the Middle-East. I'm sure Israel feels really good about this rogue nation improving their nuclear capabilities. Iran has stated that the United Nations will have "supervision" over these proposed improvements, and I'm sure the U.N. will do their usual stellar job (yuk, yuk, yuk!). Iranian spokesman, Ramin Mehmanparast, said this new action is in pursuit of "peaceful nuclear activity..."; and I'm sure it is! We all know how trustworthy the Iranian government has been in the past. I have to admit, I'm having a little trouble believing Iran in its statement about "peaceful nuclear activity" as I remember their leader saying "Try to imagine a world without Israel" and seeing him attend a rally where the crowd chanted "Death to Israel" (he was chanting too).

Don't worry Israel, the U.N. is on the job! Honestly, if I were you, I might be a little suspicious of Iran's "peaceful nuclear activity". I believe that Iran's idea of a "New and Improved Middle-East" will include the destruction of Israel; all in the name of peace, of course. As an American, I'm ashamed to say, don't depend too much on our current leadership for help; I'm sure you know what I mean. Israel, watch out for those "New Improved Neighbors"; their products are "dangerous"!

No comments:

Post a Comment