Monday, March 28, 2011

"It's Not Up to Frank!!"

I am a senior citizen; this is only the result of one accomplishment, staying alive. It takes no particular skill to stay alive; avoiding death and illness are a prerequisite in this process. This puts me in a special interest group, "live people", as opposed to "dead people". One of my God-given rights is LIFE! Our Constitution guarantees me the right to life. I enjoy being alive, and I'm sure I would prefer it to death. It doesn't matter whether I'm a conservative or a liberal, black, white, yellow or any other color; the Constitution says I have the right to LIFE. Jewish, Christian, Muslim or atheist, my Constitution says I have the right to LIFE. I'm really happy that the Constitution doesn't use discrimination when it comes to LIFE. Our Constitution was designed to serve all Americans without exception; I like that. When I vote for someone, I like to know whether or not they believe in that Constitution. I have a problem with folks who try to manipulate the Constitution to fit their purposes, or use it to deny rights to anyone. Obviously, with the massive amounts of cultural differences there are a lot of differing opinions in America; all of them should be protected under our Constitution; even the "crazy ones". Last week, Senator Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) said something that no United States Senator should ever say: "The Tea Party Republicans in Washington claim they're concerned about the budget balance, but it's a disguise! It's not true! It's a lie! That's not what they want. They want__they want other people not to be able to have their own opinions. They don't deserve the freedoms that are in the Constitution! But we'll give them to them anyway!" It sounds as if Senator Lautenberg is the one who chooses who gets rights, and who doesn't! Mr. Lautenberg is "Pro-Choice", and he is quite vocal about it; it is his right. Mr. Lautenberg is pro illegal alien rights; that is also his right. I find it interesting that Mr. Lautenberg has more empathy for criminal illegal aliens than the rights of unborn American children. Mr. Lautenberg is an advocate of partial birth abortion; that is his right. Do you know what the process of partial birth abortion is? Here is a brief explanation of this barbaric practice: the living baby is partially extracted until the "doctor" can make an incision into the base of the brain; sutures are then used to spread the wound and a probe is used to disconnect and "scramble" the brain of this unborn baby. It is then delivered, and disposed of; you know, like garbage! Most doctors agree that the unborn child will feel the pain of this process before they are murdered. I wonder if Senator Lautenberg would allow this process to be used to get rid of illegal aliens. I'm not advocating this barbaric practice on anyone; I'm just making a point about rights. We cannot deny the rights of any American. Personally, I think Senator Lautenberg represents everything that is wrong and bad about the left; yet, I wouldn't infringe on his rights to present his views or I would be as big a "political bigot" as he is! I'm certainly glad that Senator Lautenberg is "giving" the TEA PARTY their rights; although I really didn't know it was up to him. Thank God we have our Constitution, and thank God it's not up to Frank Lautenberg to decide who gets to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment