Monday, March 14, 2011

"The Bottom Line!"

I like to watch ski jumpers in the Olympics. I've seen how graceful and brave they are when they leap from that ramp over hundreds of feet and land in perfect balance on the ground. When I was young, I thought it would be great fun to try that; from a distance it really looked like a "blast". When I was in the Army, I rode in many helicopters. I acquired a great respect for heights as I sat across from the exit door, banking into an "L-Z"; it's a long way down! After those experiences, my wish to go flying down a hill and jumping into the air was quite a bit dampened. From a distance, things sometimes appear better than they really are.

Last year, I wrote about President Obama's Medicare Czar, Donald Berwick. During my article, I quoted Dr. Berwick as saying that he didn't just like British Health care, he LOVED it. He said it was his dearest hope that we could adopt the British program here in America. I don't know if that is an exact quote, but I'm sure it's very close; you can easily find this out on your own. I went on to describe what a disaster the British system has become; please check this out, you will be highly enlightened.

I'm "Pro-Life", and it is no secret to anyone who knows me; children are a sacred trust given by God. They should be nurtured and protected from conception to the last day one lives as a parent. I also believe in an educated populous. The word "fetus" means "baby" in Latin. Back in the days of Nero, Augustus and Marc Anthony, they knew there was a baby in there! It was not a conglomeration of cells; it was a human being!

Recently, Dr. Daphne Austin, a prominent British Healthcare official, said about some premature babies "If it was my child, from all the evidence and information that I know, I would not resuscitate." She also said "We are doing more harm than good by resuscitating 23 weekers." She also said "For me the big issue is that we're spending an awful lot of MONEY on treatments that may have very marginal benefit. I would prefer to free up that MONEY to spend on providing support to people who have much more lifelong chronic conditions."

This callous attitude about the unborn is not limited to this one person; it is pervasive throughout the British Healthcare population. This is the system that Dr. Berwick LOVES! What type of a doctor could possibly love this type of a healthcare program? It seems that money takes precedence over life. This is what happens when a government clerk begins to make medical decisions. It seems that the "bottom line" is more important than a "life-line". I guess we should all thank Barack Obama for forcing this man into our Medicare system. I'M SURE HE WILL SAVE US A LOT OF MONEY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment