Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"Bad Memories and Weak Leadership"



Some things stick with you forever; your first best friend, your first day of school, your first girl friend and the first time your dad lets you use the car; memories remain after decades. I still remember a spanking I got for running across the street without looking and I couldn’t have been more than seven years old at the time; I never did that again! I remember when a classmate was killed while out with his friends one Saturday night in a freak accident; my first realization that young people could die too.

I have some memories that we all probably have in common; the Kennedy assassination and Nixon’s resignation are both still clear in my mind, even after several decades. I know one memory we all have in common is the savage terrorist attacks on innocent Americans on 9-11.

Yesterday, old memories came back to life as news stations and newspapers recalled the cowardly act of flying aircrafts into the Twin Towers murdering thousands of civilians for some insane service to a belief system of death or conversion. As I think of this, I still feel the rage, anger and sorrow I felt on the day it happened. I remember flags lining the streets across America as we all rediscovered our patriotism. I remember a solemn George Bush who confronted this tragedy with strength and resolve.

I have heard America called the “Great Satan” from the radicals who have taken responsibility for this murderous act, yet we are told we must try to understand why they did this. We have been told it isn’t completely their fault; don’t be ridiculous, of course it was their fault.

The question we now face is what, other than eliminating Usama bin Laden, has been done to obliterate this threat, not only from America, but from the rest of the world?

The United Nations has done NOTHING; terrorism has been doing good business with little interference from the international body. Soon America will be leaving Afghanistan, as our weak President backs away from his responsibility for the nation’s protection. If some of you believe we are safer, I’m afraid you will be sadly surprised when terrorists go into overdrive as American troops leave the international arena.

Iran and Syria are just waiting at the door of Israel, and terrorists are crossing America’s southern border every week. Another 9-11 attack is well within the realm of possibility, and our current administration won’t acknowledge its possibility.

We are still facing a treacherous enemy, regardless of what we hear from our current leadership. I don’t want another bad memory, especially if we can obtain a leader who understands this conflict is far from over.

America doesn’t need more sorrow, America doesn’t need weakened leadership, America cannot bury its head in the sand in November; we need a President who will make American strength a premier goal, not something that must be diminished as Barack Obama does!

September 11, 2001 was a great tragedy; let’s not have another by reelecting Barack Hussein Obama!!

No comments:

Post a Comment