Monday, September 17, 2012

"A Real Solution Ignored by Obama!"



I don’t drive as much as I used to now that I’m retired; I fill my tank about every couple of weeks. Most of my travel is around town, with the occasional trip to larger towns for shopping, or to a larger city for a short vacation. I’m careful with my money; or as my daughter sometimes says “Dad you are cheap!” She is correct, growing up in a large family and being a “blue collar guy” most of my life, I like a good bargain; money is tough to come by for the average working man or woman.

On Friday, I stopped to fill up my tank and it cost me $50.00, the most money I have ever spent on a fill up after average weekly usage. My wife was sitting in my truck while I pumped in my fuel, and she could hear me complaining quite well. I’m sure those around me also heard my discourse on the fuel costs, and nobody spoke to the contrary.

Last week, we saw the Middle-East go into overdrive with hatred toward America and Israel; we also heard Ben Bernanke say we were going to print more money to try to help our sick economy. These two separate actions are on a path to do tremendous amount of damage to America’s fiscal problems. Iran will use this Middle-East unrest to do its best to destabilize oil production and shipment to the United States and the rest of the world; they have already had exercises in the Persian Gulf near the Suez Canal; it wouldn’t take too much for them to attempt a closure of that canal and certainly impact oil prices worldwide. The printing of more money does only one thing, it creates an inflationary cycle because the dollar loses its value; it doesn’t buy as much and prices are driven upward. The stock market rose immediately, as a smart investor knows that oil will necessarily go up so an oil investment is “money in the bank” with a devalued dollar. A smart investor knows an unstable Middle-East will also cause oil prices to rise dramatically.

For several years, we have talked about energy independence and done little to nothing about it. The environmentalists cry every time any talk of drilling is spoken about; they think it is still 1951 and drilling techniques are in a Neanderthal state. They worry about fish, birds, frogs and chipmunks to the point of hysteria, while totally ignoring the needs of human beings completely. Countless studies for the past 30 years show that an America that is pursuing oil in its own borders can be oil independent from the OPEC nations. The policy of using our own oil can solve two great problems in today’s America; drilling will produce hundreds of thousands of jobs throughout the country and it will stabilize the cost of fuel to all of our citizens in the process, and this is a FACT!

I like birds, chipmunks, fish and frogs as much as anybody, but I like an independent America more. We import billions of barrels of foreign oil every year while ignoring our own resources to protect animals, insects and some fish. MOVE THE ANIMALS, INSECTS AND FISH SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

All we have gotten from this current administration is talk without action, as Obama continues to appease the leftist environmental groups. We have had years to do some actual work on our own soil, yet this President has done NOTHING ABOUT IT! When you stop at the pump this week and spend a day’s pay for gasoline, remember who is really responsible for your anxiety and added expense. You can throw him out in November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment