Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"He's No Hall of Famer!!"

It is officially Major League Baseball season, and I couldn’t be a happier guy about that. Those of you who have read my work for a while, know how much my beloved White Sox mean to me. I have been a baseball fan since I was about seven or eight years old, a really long time ago. I watched black and white games on WGN television and rarely missed any games of either the Sox or the Cubs. Back then, players usually had off-season jobs, because the salaries way back then were nothing like the multi-year, million dollar contracts they have now. One of my favorite baseball movies is “Pride of the Yankees”; it is the story of Lou Gehrig, sometimes called baseball’s Iron Horse, as he rarely missed a game, playing 2,130 games before missing one. Lou’s career ended when it was discovered that he had amyotropic lateral sclerosis, now known as “Lou Gehrig’s Disease”. In the final scene of the movie, Gary Cooper, who was playing Lou, gave the exact speech Lou gave the crowd at Yankee Stadium. Lou was already suffering from the pain of the disease when he spoke to the cheering throng; he said “at this moment, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth…” ; this great player, who was wracked with pain and disease was humbled by what he saw from the fans that day. This man, who played 17 seasons, hit 23 grand slam home runs and rivaled the popularity of Babe Ruth was humble and grateful.


In today’s baseball, I have seen many players with great skills, although some of them have been accused of using performance enhancing drugs. What really disturbs me about today’s players is their lack of humility. Arrogance seems to be the order of the day among today’s “super stars”.


Now what does this have to do with what I usually write about; politics?


During my life I’ve seen several Presidents: Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, H.W. Bush, Clinton, G.W. Bush and now Barack Hussein Obama. I am now going to make a personal observation that comes with the number of years that I’ve lived: Barack Hussein Obama is the most arrogant person I have ever seen in the office of President of the United States. I have never seen a President with such disdain for Constitutional precepts, and the will of the American people EVER in my entire life! His words always sound like a “royal edict” to a peasant population, rather than an elected official talking to the citizens of a free republic. I don’t believe that I have seen any genuine emotion from Barack Hussein Obama on any occasion during his entire term in office. He seems most comfortable when he is casting ambiguous insults at his opposition in front of a partisan crowd, but does seem uncomfortable when confronted with genuine questions about his decision making. At functions concerning our military, he seems almost bothered about the fact he is in attendance.


Our current President has the demeanor of a “used car salesman” rather than a statesman. Barack Hussein Obama loves the Power of the Presidency, and of this, I have no doubt! What I fear is that Barack Hussein Obama may be capable of anything in order to retain that power; and this, my fellow Americans, is DANGEROUS! I don’t believe there is any humility in Barack Hussein Obama; only cold ambition, arrogance and a total disregard of the United States Constitution. What do you see, America?




(happy birthday to my beautiful wife)

No comments:

Post a Comment