Monday, November 14, 2011

"Pretenders of Dr. King"

I have many sports jerseys; White Sox and Chicago Bears clothing is displayed in my clothes closet to great excess. I must have over fifty hats and stocking caps with logos of my favorite teams. I have a large Bears helmet magnet on my refrigerator. I even have a Bears ornament for my Christmas tree. I wear a Sox jacket in the spring and a Bears jacket in the winter.

Although I have all of that clothing, it doesn't make me a Chicago Bear, or a White Sox ball player. There is an old saying that states "Even if you stand in a garage; it doesn't make you a car." One can give the appearance of something, yet they are not the thing they imitate.

Recently, the Reverend Jesse Jackson has made some statements about the unruly crowds of the "Occupy Wall Street" movement. Jackson, who did march along with many civil rights activists, said that this movement is the same as Dr. Martin Luther King's civil rights movement in the 1960s. I have a real difference of opinion with Jackson on this observation; I don't believe Dr. King ever advocated the destruction of property, or violence of any type. I don't believe Dr. King would ever have accepted support from any group that had an openly anti-Semitic agenda. I do believe Dr. King would have openly condemned confrontation that resulted in death or injury to any individual, regardless of their political affiliation. I don't believe Dr. King would have much to do with Neo-Nazis, communists or a Klansman. They are all standing for this spurious movement. This movement has little to do with civil rights, but it has plenty to do with "class warfare". These are a group of miscreants that are unhappy with a system that makes you earn your own living, and doesn't allow you to steal from those who do. Dr. King wanted equal rights and equal justice under the LAW; no more, no less; basically, the rights guaranteed under the United States Constitution; a really good idea! Dr. King never asked for a free ride from the government; just an equal chance to "pursue happiness".

If you ever watch those old newsreels from the 1960s Civil Rights marches, you will see groups marching with Dr. King in an orderly and peaceable manner. If there was any violence, it was rarely instigated by anyone affiliated with Dr. King; he believed in civil disobedience, not any VIOLENCE.

Jesse Jackson is in support of a group consisting of the outcasts of America, Neo-Nazis, communists and anti-Semites. There have been robberies, rapes, assaults and suspected murders which have been perpetrated by these "social activists". Businesses and private citizens have been deprived of their rights in order to appease these miscreants. They may be "wearing the jersey" of the civil rights movement; but believe me America, they are "light years" away from the principles of Martin Luther King.

No comments:

Post a Comment