Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Play Clock!"

Last week, the St. Louis Cardinals won the World Series; one of the best Series ever played, and I have watched quite a few. I remember when my White Sox won in 2005; I sat, transfixed, in the final game, counting the balls, strikes and finally the last out! I can identify with all those Cardinal fans; nothing feels quite like that sigh of relief and that rush of exultation that flows throughout your body when the victory is, at last, achieved! I recall the Bears win in 1985 and counting the last seconds on the time clock before they were official Super Bowl Champions (I still watch the DVD). I also have tapes of the Bulls Championship wins, and I watch them regularly; it may be the only professional basketball I can see this year. Those last moments in each of those contests are thrilling and exhilarating. Every fan knows these feelings; like they used to say on "Wide World of Sports", "The thrill of victory; and the agony of defeat"; sometimes only a few seconds separates one from the other.

One year from today, we will be choosing a President for the United States of America; that is just TWELVE MONTHS, my fellow Americans, not a very long time! This is so much more than a championship game; this is the path America will be on for our future, and the next season won't be back until 2016, so we better be sure we don't make a mistake again! I make no apologies for my opinion of Barack Obama; I believe he is the worst President we have ever had in our history. He has admitted that he will work his way around our Constitution to achieve his goals; he has been a caster of blame on the last administration continuously since entering office; never accepting responsibility for any of his own actions. He has made statements pitting one segment of our society against another, in an effort to demonize his opposition. Be it race or ideology, or economic strata, Mr. Obama wants every American to feel that their neighbors are their enemies if they are at all different in any way. Mr. Obama now blames Congress and the Republicans for our economic disaster, although he held a congressional majority for his first two years in office; which was a virtual "rubber stamp" for him. Once again, I cite "Obama-care" as a program that he is "proud of"; as a symbol of his arrogance in office. Seventy per cent of America didn't want this giant debt-filled debacle, yet the Pelosi-Reid Congress shoved it down America's throat!

The last seconds on our political clock are starting to count down; this "game" can be in real jeopardy all the way to the "last buzzer". I know Obama is about as popular as the plague right now, but this is no time to relax America. He depends on the ignorance of the average uninformed to achieve his victory and we can't allow that to happen. Engage those who support Obama on the issues, be knowledgeable of what you are speaking, don't make it a personal argument. An educated electorate is our greatest weapon against four more years of disaster from Barack Obama. Watch that "Play Clock"; our time is short!

No comments:

Post a Comment