Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Casual Remarks"

Do you have a best friend? I have a best friend, his name is Phil. We have been friends for very many years. I was the best man at his wedding, and he was my best man when I renewed our vows on our 25th anniversary several years ago. I trust Phil implicitly; there is no doubt in my mind that he will always do things for me that are in my best interests; as I would for him. We often kid each other and make fun of one another; the laughs make our friendship great. We share common memories, and often reflect on our shared experiences. I have NEVER talked behind Phil's back, as I am sure he would never do so to me.

There are few real democratic republics in the world today. America is the model for all democratic republics, and we should embrace all those nations who emulate our values. It was said that when FDR met Winston Churchill, they had an immediate bond of trust and sincere affection; this was fortunate for both England and America; that trust and affection was a key to our joint victory in World War II. Hitler was a "so-called" friend of Stalin; until he launched an attack against the Russians and opened up the second front. I guess dictators are true friends.

Yesterday, the worst thing that can happen to a politician happened to French President Sarkozy and U.S. President Barack Obama; the dreaded "open mike"! Yes, my fellow Americans, these two world leaders were caught exchanging "honest thoughts" about Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. It is alleged that Sarkozy said of Netanyahu, "I can't look at him, he is a liar", to which Obama replied, "You've had enough, but I have to deal with him every day."

This is quite a few collective toes to have in the mouths of two of the world's democratic leaders; especially when the remarks were directed against the only real democratic republic in the Middle-East. Prime Minister Netanyahu has not responded about the alleged remarks; but how must he feel as his nation now sits under the gun of Iran, and his nation is seemingly being parceled out to Palestine by the United Nations.

As an American, I am aghast at the remarks that were exchanged by these two men about the only leader of an actual democratic republic in the most volatile area of our globe. Mr. Netanyahu must now weigh heavily all of the statements of "support" he receives from our current President. He must ask himself if Barack Obama is a sincere man, who can be trusted, or just another politician whose word means little to nothing? What do you think, America?

No comments:

Post a Comment