Monday, May 23, 2011

"Barack Obama, TIME TRAVELLER!"

"Help Me Rhonda!" blasting out of my radio in my 1958 Cadillac convertible, cruising around the neighborhood; what great memories! My top was down, and I didn't have a care in the world. It would be a while before I enlisted in the Army, the sun was bright and the girls were all cute. I stopped for gas and the pump price was .35 cents a gallon; after that, I stopped for a hot dog for .25 cents. I was making $1.65 an hour and I had plenty of money for movies, pizza and shopping for new LEVIS. Our house cost Mom and Dad around $38,000 dollars, not bad for a Chicago suburb. Our household was ten people, two of whom were retired. We always had food on the table, and it was tasty. The year was 1967; I had not yet reached my twentieth birthday. The war in Viet Nam was real, and every person had their own opinion of its validity. The median income in America was about $7,300 a year; wow, try that now. Oddly, one hour of minimum wage pay could buy about five gallons of gas; today that same minimum wage will buy about two gallons of gas. Israel won a war in six days; pretty good for a country that would be considered a tiny state here. Yes, 1967 was a very interesting year; but we can't go back there.

Last week, President Barack Obama made a speech promoting the restoration of the 1967 Israeli border, asking Israel to give up hard fought territory won in the hopes of insuring security for the people. I honestly don't understand this President's distancing from the nation of Israel. Israel has been our friend since its inception; this statement can't be made about most of our other "friends" in the world.

Israel, as I said earlier, would be considered a tiny state here. Israel is surrounded by nations whose policies are blatant in their hatred of Israel, and openly advocate obliteration of the Israeli people. For more years than I would like to think about, the people of Israel has been dealing with terrorism and attack on their civilian population. America has been dealing with radical Islamists for only a little over a decade, yet,we are willing to do almost anything to deal with them. Israel has been doing it for over sixty years. Do you think it would be a good idea to go back forty-four years, and give up land needed to protect itself?

Prime Minister Netanyahu has basically told Obama to "forget about it", in the words of "Donnie Brasco". The atmosphere between Obama and Netanyahu was "chilled' to say the least; and I don't blame the Israeli Prime Minister; I blame Barack Obama. Obama seems more than willing to throw Israel "under the bus" in efforts to placate the Middle-East Islamist radicals. Ahmadinejad and the Muslim Brotherhood must be doing cartwheels over Obama's latest insult to the Israeli people. Barack Obama doesn't understand that those lunatics will happily turn their hatred on the United States as soon as they can wipe Israel off the map! Our President is being STUPID AGAIN!

As an American who supports Israel, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to the fine people of Israel for the actions of America's President. He does not reflect the beliefs of freedom loving Americans! My prayers go out to all of you during these most trying times. America will be making a choice next November; I hope she will consider Mr. Obama's attitude toward Israel; I certainly will!

(I would like to thank all of those who have prayed for me since my minor accident, I'm not quite 100%, but I'm close!)

No comments:

Post a Comment