Thursday, February 10, 2011

"What's Mine is Mine, and What's Yours is Mine!"

Do you remember your first paycheck? I remember getting my first paycheck; $58.00, WOW! I remember getting up at 5:30A.M., showering, having coffee, walking to the corner and taking the Belmont Ave. bus to Western Ave., then walking about two blocks to work. At 16 years old, I could think of a thousand things I would rather be doing than sitting on a bus at 6:00 A.M., six days a week! I also know I wanted to have my own car more than just about anything; even sleeping in on Saturday morning. I had to provide my own bus fare; Mom provided my lunch. I was obligated to give Mom $20.00 a week from my pay; a rule instituted from my Dad to teach me responsibility. Other than those financial responsibilities, my money was my own. I know it doesn't sound like much money; but gas was .25 cents a gallon and a loaf of bread was .17 cents, McDonald's burgers were .15 cents each. A dollar bought a lot more back then. I had friends who chose not to work during the summer; which was their right, yet, whenever we went anywhere, they would always try to "sponge" money off of those of us who were employed. After a while, they would stop asking me because they knew what my answer was going to be, "Get a Job!" I didn't feel obligated to subsidize someone's "good time": I worked for MY Money! I wasn't cheap, but I understood that you had to work to get paid! I was pursuing happiness!

All of you must remember Howard Dean. Howard was a presidential contender at one time and also a former Chairman of the Democratic Party. Howard is famous for his inane screaming when he lost a Democratic Primary election in his failed bid for the nomination; "YEEAHH! "

Earlier this week, Howard said something we should all take notice of, "The argument is not whether they (federal government) should redistribute (wealth) or not, the question is HOW MUCH we should redistribute." He added "(redistribution) is what governments do.."! I guess the far left blusterer doesn't understand the principle of keeping what you earn! I guess those who work are supposed to be responsible for fulfilling the dreams of those who don't! This is the flawed logic of the left at its best. I spent my life working and paying my own way; other than tax returns, I haven't received much financial support from the government; and I didn't expect it! I don't want the government taking the money I've earned and giving it to someone who is too lazy to earn his own. Your rewards should reflect your efforts; little effort, little reward. Remember the "Little Red Hen"; she did all the work, but everyone wanted to share in the fruits of her labor. Unlike Mr. Dean, I believe you have to pursue your own happiness; it will not be provided "free of charge" by the folks who WORK! It's too bad we can't REDISTRIBUTE BRAINS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment