Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Snow, Cold, WARMING?"

I remember in the late 60s we had a pretty big snow storm in Chicago. I was in my late teens and I vividly recall the streets disappearing before our eyes as snow blanketed the entire Chicagoland area. I, along with some friends, went out with shovels to explore this arctic condition. Plows tried to clear our street; the only accomplishment was walling in every vehicle with four or five foot snow enclosures. It was also an opportunity to see everyone in the neighborhood united in an effort to free ourselves from this snowy prison. Most of us were in good cheer, as we were resigned to our situation. C.T.A. buses littered the main streets like frozen mammoths; few vehicles were travelling, and no one knew a thing about "global warming". As I recall, back then, the cars had a lot less pollution control, so I assume they had a lot more carbon emissions. Hmm..., shouldn't we have had early signs of the "dreaded global warming" because of that?

Several years later, I remember a sub-zero cold snap in the same Chicago area that had vehicles stopped in the middle of the streets, as their fuel lines froze up, blocked with ice as they travelled. Cars would sputter and quit in mid drive because of the severe weather. That was the worst cold snap I can recall in my 63 years of life.

Yesterday, I was reading when I came across this article from the Chicago Tribune titled "Extreme Weather and Global Warming". It seems that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Twentieth Century Reanalysis Project have released a climate and weather study going all the way back to 1871 (my great-grandfather's birth year). The findings indicated no increase in extreme weather events! This conclusion was written by Dr. Jack M. Taylor, a senior fellow from the Heartland Institute in Chicago. Among those who concurred with this opinion was Dr. Jack Kasher, Professor Emeritus in Physics from the University of Nebraska, who has long been a critic of the global warming hoax. There are numerous other men of science who have risen up to reveal this theory to be "full of holes".

The next time you are out in your driveway, breaking ice chunks, or blowing out two feet of snow, try to remember that weather patterns from 1871 show that "Global warming is baloney!" But we must remember it may be a way to give us higher energy costs and help special interest groups; so "I GUESS THAT WILL MAKE IT OKAY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment