Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Transformer!"

I like all the special effects that they can do in today's movies. You can see the world turned upside down right before your eyes. I rented "Avatar" not too long ago, and I found it astounding. When I was ten years, old I saw the original "War of The Worlds" and I thought it was pretty cool; George Pal won the Oscar for special effects that year. I remember going to the movies to see Christopher Reeve fly as the "Man of Steel"; the ads said "You'll believe a man can fly", and he sure looked like he was flying. Over the weekend, I watched "Transformers" on television. When it first came out, I dismissed it as a kid's movie, but my daughter said I should watch it, I would probably like it. I had a couple of hours to waste, so I gave "Transformers" a shot. I wasn't too familiar with the cartoon and perhaps that helped me enjoy the film a little better. "Transformers" are a robotic race at war with one another, and of course, they battle here. These machines change from cars and trucks into these amazing robots right in front of you. Radios and small appliances were also changed into fighting machines; it was all very cool! Nothing in this movie was what it appeared to be!

Tonight, President Barack Obama will make his State of the Union Address before Congress. Since November, we have seen many statements from the Democrats that certainly don't match up with their previous actions of the last two years. After two years of massive spending and passage of an enormous health care initiative, suddenly the Democrats are fiscal conservatives! Obama himself now says he advocates "trimming the spending", although his speech is said to advocate more federal spending on government projects. After two years of left-wing spending, it seems Barack Obama is transforming! Personally, I believe this is Barack Obama's first campaign speech of the 2012 election season. In November, the American people spoke loudly about deficit spending and huge government entitlements. I believe this "threw a scare" into the liberal ideologues, including Barack Obama. Wow, look at those "transformers"! Yes, America, liberal free spenders now are becoming responsible servants of the people right before our eyes! What will be their next "form"? Even Nancy Pelosi says she was financially responsible while she was Speaker of the House! Was I on another planet while she was in charge, because I don't remember any financial common sense from her term as speaker?

Be careful America, tonight the "master transformer" is going to show you something that may not be genuine; it may only be a facade, masking something completely different than what it seems to be. Tonight, Barack Obama is once again saying what is necessary to get your vote! Be aware America, he may be a TRANSFORMER!

1 comment: