Monday, October 15, 2012

"Snarky Joe!"



I watch almost every Bear’s game that I can, and sometimes I’m joyful, and sometimes I’m not. My wife can testify to my various moods as the outcome of each game will dictate how cheerful I will be that evening. She has heard me cheer and rant from the furthest parts of the house, and she wisely refrains from comment, knowing I will behave like an idiot if she says anything I find in disagreement with my own perspective of the game.

After each game, I immediately tune into Comcast for the post game analysis of the victory or defeat. I watch religiously as each play is dissected and analyzed by the “experts”. If I am watching the dissection of a loss, I add my own commentary to that of the commentators with much more “colorful language” than they are using, naming names and placing blame. I’m sure I’m not the only fan in the NFL who engages in this type of abhorrent behavior when their favorite team wins or loses. After a day or two, my wounds are healing and I become a reasonable man once again, and my wife can speak to me like a mature man instead of a pouting adolescent. I once again become a normal, polite and mature human being.

Thursday night, we watched the Vice-Presidential debate all across America from the comfort of our living rooms. I was hoping for a respectful exchange of ideas from Joe Biden and Paul Ryan, each stating their individual positions on key issues affecting America. After the initial introductions of the principles, I watched one mature and level headed person in an engagement with a vitriolic, impolite and rude counterpart. Mr. Biden’s “snarky” attitude filled with sarcasm and disrespect toward his opponent transferred to the television screen a man who would cast aside the dignity of his office if he could inflict damage to any position that conflicted with his, regardless of truth!

Earlier in the week, Mr. Obama said he had been too polite with Governor Romney in their first debate. Perhaps Mr. Biden decided he would leave courtesy at the door before he spoke his first words Thursday evening. Time after time, Biden interrupted Paul Ryan as he answered the moderator, with little interference from the person who was supposed to maintain decorum and proper procedure. As soon as Mr. Ryan got into the realm of statistics and facts, Biden would make a point of interruption, not allowing Ryan to finish his statements. At times, Biden looked flustered and angry, when he wasn’t grinning like a game show host at a contestant.

Biden denied White House knowledge of the disaster in security failures resulting in the deaths of four Americans, even after evidence has been revealed to the contrary. It is strange that the White House is always “out of the loop” when somebody in this administration screws things up; is anybody paying attention up there?

The final statements of the two men were reflective, yet Ryan was the one who actually offered a ray of hope to the nation. He said we must move to an independent economy with incentive to the private sector, where Biden offered the same path that America has been on for the last 43 months, which has shown virtually no success.

I urge all of my readers to READ WHAT EACH MAN SAID; it will look much different without the vitriol and interruption of the television screening; and you will see Paul Ryan as a man well equipped to sit in the Oval Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment