Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"Know God, or No God?"

Words are funny things; they seem to follow the speaker around long after they escape from the speaker’s mouth. Throughout our lives, we rethink the things we have said to others, and the impression those words left behind. I’m sure virtually all of us have had that “traffic moment” when certain words escaped from our mouths before we had a chance to engage our brains instead of our emotions; believe me, I’ve had my share. Being a Christian, I often fight the “battle of the tongue”. I try to live by the precepts of my Christian Faith; my allegiance must always align with God’s Word first, and His Book.


The last three verses in the Book of Revelation say “If anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book. He who testifies to these things says, “Yes I am coming quickly,” Amen. Come Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen.”


The Bible is very clear about what the Bible is to the believer, the Christian; it is the enlightened word of God, not to be edited or deleted. It is God’s truth from Genesis to Revelation. The Bible is for the ages, and is applicable to every era man has lived through, but you must read it as a complete work to understand both the Old and New Testament, or it will be distorted by deceptive interpretation. Believers cannot “pick and chose” which passages of the Bible they want to follow, and they must understand the role of Jesus in the interpretation of both Testaments.


Over the last 2 months, President Barack Hussein Obama has been touting his Christian faith in an effort to pull in the Christian vote for his re-election. He can now be heard invoking the Lord on many occasions and speaking of his reliance on God. This is the same man who said “Whatever we once were, we are no longer a Christian nation”. If you listen to Mr. Obama now, you would almost think he was “born again”, I have my own opinion about that. I’m one of those “born again people” and I have my problems with Mr. Obama’s view of the Christian faith.


Our Bible is a book conceived for instruction and salvation to every age, and not a “pop culture” philosophy book. It is a revelation about God’s will and what good and evil are, and they are “absolute” and not subject to “cultural changes”. Mr. Obama said of Biblical instruction “Religious leadership NEED NOT ACCEPT SUCH WISDOM in counseling their flocks…”; is this a Christian statement?


In John 14:6 Jesus said “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me”. Mr. Obama said “I BELIEVE that there are many paths to the same place and that is a BELIEF that there is a higher power, a BELIEF that we are connected as a people”. This, most certainly, is a political statement and has little to do with Christianity. If Mr. Obama chooses to use the Bible, perhaps he should read it in its entirety, and find out what it actually says.


Mr. Obama’s controversial health care bill is soon going before the Supreme Court to examine its constitutionality. There are 26 states who have challenged this initiative as unconstitutional, and its repeal has become a campaign issue.


Our “Praying President” has called for a prayer demonstration outside the Supreme Court Building beginning on March 26, 2012, in an effort to influence the Supreme Court’s decision. I have not seen any names from the Bible believing community connected with this proposed demonstration. I don’t believe we will see anyone like Charles Stanley or Franklin Graham participate on the behalf of this bill. We will see Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson; maybe he will resurrect Jeremiah Wright to support him in this effort. None of the names I mention seem to be believers in the inerrancy of the Bible, but they do seem to believe in the “inerrancy” of Barack Hussein Obama!


Above, you have read some of God’s words and some of Barack Hussein Obama’s words, and you must decide who this man is and what he believes. I have made my decisions, and I am confident in my conclusions. Go to the Bible, ask God, and be directed by Him when you vote in November. God bless America; please give us a Godly man to lead the U.S., Lord.



(This is my last blog until Tuesday; I’m taking a long week-end. Have a great rest of the week. If you care to, check some of my older posts, you might enjoy them. God Bless!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment