Monday, February 27, 2012

"It's Just My Style"

I am now retired, but I still remember what it is like to be in the “working world”. I remember my first job when I was 16 years old, and having a very disagreeable boss; I believe he must have had a cup of sauerkraut juice with his breakfast every morning, but he was my boss and I had to listen to him. As I progressed through life I had many supervisors, some friendly and amiable, some cranky and nasty, but they were all my bosses and I did what I was told. Everybody has somebody to answer to in the “working world”.


I have people from all over the world who read this blog on a daily basis. I doubt if everybody agrees with every point I make, and that is a good thing; who wants a bunch of comatose clones that do nothing but nod in approval at everything one says. I appreciate all comments that are made on any post, be they positive or negative. My only proviso is that anything said be backed up with fact, and if I am proven wrong, I will be happy to yield to facts. I admit I use sarcasm and wit to make some of my points, and they sometimes cut “close to the bone”; I will not apologize for this, it is my “style”.


My criticism of President Obama is obvious throughout my writings; we are politically polar opposites. Whenever I see Mr. Obama doing or saying things I don’t agree with, I will say something about it; if feelings are hurt this is not my intention, it is to shed light on an important issue. A person very dear to me said I am tearing down the President in most of my writings, and that person is probably correct, as I don’t endorse 99% of what Mr. Obama has done since he entered office. Mr. Obama has been prominently mentioned in my prayers, regardless of my personal feelings about him; I continue to hope that God directs his life. This being said, I cannot sit by like a mute while situations take place that I believe are detrimental to the well being of the United States of America.


I’m concerned that some people are fearful of criticizing this President because they will be branded a racist. If you are a racist, it will be reflected in much more than your criticism of an elected official; you will probably “live it out” in other actions of your life. For those of you who aren’t “racists”, don’t allow that appearance to dissuade you from honest observation in your government. Whether Mr. Obama likes it or not, he works for us, and he will have to get used to having his “feet held to the fire”; this comes with the territory!


As soon as I see Barack Obama do something I believe is for the good of America, I will write about that too!; unfortunately, I’m still waiting for that to happen. I still have hopes that Mr. Obama will wake up and see what his policies have done to America thus far, but “I’m not holding my breath”.

No comments:

Post a Comment