Friday, February 3, 2012

"Hippies or Heroes?"

Sunday is the unofficial American holiday known as the “Super Bowl”. For the past two weeks, we have been bombarded with stories of each team and the cities from which they come. There will be ten hours of pre-game coverage telling us more than we ever wanted to know about the New York Giants and the New England Patriots. We will find out what they ate for breakfast and who has the biggest feet on each team. After endless hours of talk and hype, we will be ready to actually watch the game. Before that game starts, we will do something that is done before every NFL game; we will sing the National Anthem and watch our American Flag fly proudly over the stadium. For a few moments, all eyes will be on that flag, a flag unlike any other; a flag that has flown over countless battle fields and military burial sites. I have special feelings for the American Flag. I believe it deserves some honor and respect from our citizens. Living during the Viet Nam conflict, I saw demonstrations from unwashed cowards who were either too afraid to fight, or sympathized with a communist regime over that of the United States of America. We were told it was part of our 1st Amendment rights, and they were entitled to use the flag as a “political statement” when they burned and desecrated our treasured national symbol. Most veterans will disagree with this interpretation of the 1st Amendment.



A few days ago, I was on my Facebook page and a friend sent me a picture from one of the OCCUPY demonstrations. He is a retired police officer, and close personal friend, so I knew this wasn’t a “doctored” picture. I almost got sick to my stomach as I looked at this image of a young MORON with his pants pulled down to his ankles, squatting over the American Flag, defecating like a farm animal! I cannot tell you how much anger I felt at that moment. This lowlife scumbag was using my flag as a toilet, making a “political statement”!! Had I been able to reach him, his teeth would have been a memory, along with his testicles!!



My fellow Americans, this is the OCCUPY movement that has been lauded by Nancy Pelosi, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Barack Obama as a good healthy “grass roots” political movement! I know what kind of “grass” they were talking about!



These are the same people who questioned the patriotism of members of the TEA Party; making accusations of racism and Naziism. Nancy Pelosi was “afraid” of the TEA Party demonstrators! How ludicrous is she? How hypocritical are these so-called “guardians of the Constitution”! If you are a veteran, or if you know a veteran, or if you have a family member who was a veteran, you need to remember what they have given up for that symbol of freedom. Remember who has endorsed the OCCUPY movement, while condemning the TEA Party. Do you want these people to remain in the positions they now hold? Do they reflect the ideals seen on that waving flag? Do you want “hippies” or “heroes”?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Thomas, this was a great article. I too would of liked to catch the MORONS who treat "OLD GLORY" like trash or worse. They deserve to go to another land, may I suggest Iraq or Afganastan -- they would be good door stops there. Keep sharing the truth through this format. Lord Bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete