Wednesday, September 21, 2011

"Theft From The U.N."

I live in Central Illinois; I've been a resident of Illinois my entire life, except while I was in the Army. The first fifty years of my life were spent in Chicago, which I remember fondly. I, like all Illinoisans, spent time visiting Wisconsin and Indiana; it was like going to a foreign land when I was a young boy. When we crossed the border, it was like an event to all of us kids; we didn't know what to expect from those strangers from another state!

Wisconsin is a very pretty state; it has some rolling hills, which to someone from Illinois is quite an attraction; it has lots of "cheese stores" which my mother liked and it is filled with Green Bay Packer fans, which I didn't particularly care for, but all in all, it is a nice place to visit. But, as the old saying goes, "I wouldn't want to live there". Luckily, we are separated by the border with little chance of being annexed by Wisconsin. I would be very upset to find out that Wisconsin wanted to take parts of Illinois as its' own; it doesn't have that right, although they could take some politicians who most Illinoisans wouldn't miss!

The United Nations is trying to take parts of Israel and give them to Palestine in order to create a nation that, at this time, doesn't exist. I find this infringement from a third party into something that is clearly an Israeli issue quite disturbing. I don't believe the U.N. has any real jurisdiction in this matter; it seems to advocate the forced release of territory from a sovereign nation into the hands of what is basically a terrorist organization whose agenda is the destruction of the Israeli people. If the U.N. tried to take some land from France or Germany and surrender it to another nation, do you think they would stand still for it? Perhaps the United States should give some territory back to Mexico (although they already seem to be doing this): I think our Congress would not greet this with much acceptance.

Most of the U.N. has already embraced the idea of giving away Israeli land to the Palestinians, with little argument from anyone. The United States has said they are against this, and President Obama said if this passes, he will stop monetary aid to Palestine. What Mr. Obama should do is stop paying 22% of the U.N. budget if this passes; that will get their attention!

The United Nations and all of its member nations have no right to redistribute the territory of any other nation. All this action will do is make the Middle-East even more unstable than it is now, and give all those Israel haters more ammunition for their hatred.

As an American who believes in a free society and autonomous government, I hope the Israeli Prime Minister dismisses this illegal resolution. This is further proof of the U.N. agenda against the people of Israel. Stand strong Israel; this is your land!

No comments:

Post a Comment