Friday, September 9, 2011

"Little Faces, and America's God"

Every day, I stand on the corner crossing grade schoolers on their way to school. I spend a little time talking to most of them. This morning, two sisters stopped to show me the things their mom got for them at a local garage sale; a key chain with shells on it, and a blue hair wig; they were quite excited to show me these things; their eyes sparkled and their speech animated. The boys crossed in groups talking loudly, some passed a football in front of the school: these young children make me smile on a daily basis; many thank me for helping them cross the street; I love polite kids!

This weekend we will be remembering the murderous attack America suffered on 9-11; it has been ten years since those cowards destroyed the Twin Towers and erased over 3,000 innocent lives. These are the same people who strap explosives to children to murder more innocent people in the name of a god. A similar practice took place in Viet Nam, as children were also sent into crowds of American soldiers with explosives hidden under their clothes. What could be more heinous than using children for the purpose of murder?

We have been told to be tolerant of others by our government. Tolerance of other people's beliefs is fine, as long as those beliefs don't infringe on the rights and well being of anyone else. My God teaches me that murder is wrong, and no one should be murdered in His name. My God wants people to come to Him, yet He allows everyone to make their own choice in belief. My God never has said if you don't believe in Him, you should be murdered. My God is a God of love, and would never send aircraft into any building on a mission for Him.

We should do all in our power to stop those fanatics who wish death and destruction on our great land. We need not be tolerant of murderers and lunatics. Those who choose to threaten the well being of America are subject to the wrath of the United States of America.

We should spend Sunday in reverent remembrance of those who were murdered; and we should dedicate our nation to the defense of all those "little faces" that I see every day, those who enjoy liberty in our great nation. Pray for America every day; ask God to protect and guide us. Our enemies will not take it easy on us; their god says we are supposed to "convert or die". My God says "Love thy neighbor". Which God is God?

No comments:

Post a Comment