Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Wake Up Call!!"

Most of us have heard the term "Give them an inch, and they will take a mile". We had rules in our house growing up, as I am sure most of you had. I shared a room with my two little brothers, and being a typical older brother, I would spend time teasing and tormenting them once the lights went out! This is part of the job of a big brother. Unfortunately, my Dad didn't believe that part of the "big brother code"; perhaps it was because he was the youngest brother in his home. He "explained" to me his rules were to be followed. There were no exceptions to "Joe's Rules". He told me if we bent the rules for anybody, then we must bend the rules for everybody; then the rules are pointless. When I turned 16, I became eligible for a "DRIVERS LICENSE!" Yes, that most coveted possession to an adolescent, "WHEELS". I took drivers education classes in high school; I was told driving a car was a privilege; not a right. I was told I had to pass a test and qualify behind the wheel to receive that license. I had to prove I was old enough to drive before I could take the test. I had to have proof of residence in Illinois before I could take the test; I had to be "legal"!

Last week ,Associated Press released a story about three states, Washington, New Mexico and Utah issuing drivers licenses to criminal illegal aliens. I don't use the term undocumented as it gives an aura of legality to these uninvited invaders. Doesn't it seem strange that a government agency is giving validity to people who committed a criminal act as their first foot hit American soil? These people should be facing deportation, not receiving the "privilege" of a driver's license.

On August 10, 2010, in Prince William County in Virginia, an illegal criminal alien drove head on into a car driven by a nun, killing her and critically injuring her companion, also a nun. The killer's name is Carlos Martinelli Montano, he was drunk AGAIN, this was his third DUI within 5 years. This gets even more bizarre; Carlos has been awaiting deportation for over 2 years. After a DUI arrest in 2008, he was released on his own recognizance. He is now charged with involuntary manslaughter. ICE was supposed to get rid of him three years ago; Prince William County turned him over to ICE, yet Ice cut him loose! Off went Carlos, driving down the road, drunk, illegal, and dangerous!

Our roadways are dangerous enough, without the added hazards of criminal illegal aliens receiving driving privileges from states validating their residence by giving them drivers licenses. Some illegals have said it is difficult getting a job without a drivers license's, GOOD! We are not supposed to make it easier for illegals to get jobs here!

After drivers license's,what will we next give to these people? They are in our welfare system now; they receive special rates when trying to get into state run universities; now, there is talk about granting them Social Security benefits! When will our government come to the realization that these people are ILLEGAL!! Will our president and our congress ever wake up? Today, that nun would be alive if our government had done its job correctly. I'm sure this isn't the only incident of this type. Wake up Mr. President, wake up Congress. NO more liberties for illegal aliens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment