Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"Merry CHRISTmas!"


Next week is the beginning of the Christmas Season all across America; trees and lights will be permeating virtually every neighborhood in our nation. Stores have been touting sales of every kind since Thanksgiving Day and people have been planning holiday feasts for several weeks.

This season also brings out some other folks; I hate Christmas folks, those who are somehow offended by this most wonderful time of the year. Some stores refrain from using the word Christmas, substituting “Happy Holidays” or “Season’s Greetings” or taking Christ out of the word using an X in His place; what is X-MAS??

Chicago has an annual Christmas Market which displays many of the traditional Christmas decorations and some “manger displays”. I remember Chanukah and Kwanza also being represented in this same venue; no Christians complained.

This year at this celebration there will be a new display; a giant “A” will be lit up for all of the atheists and agnostics who are against the celebration of the Christmas holiday. I don’t believe anybody is forced to believe in Jesus or the Christmas Holiday; I do. Those who wish not to believe in God are perfectly protected in our country. I have never seen anybody dragged into a church or prayer meeting by anyone. Nobody is forced to sing Christmas Carols or send cards if they don’t wish to do so.

We who believe in Jesus would be the first to defend anyone’s right to disbelieve; we would feel sad and sorry for them, yet we would never try to force them to accept Jesus without their free will acceptance.

A question I always ask myself at this time of the year is “Why are some people so threatened by a being they profess doesn’t exist?” This is nonsensical to a logical mind; why fear anything that you don’t believe is real?

I believe in Heaven and a spiritual existence and I believe Jesus is the only way to achieve that goal of an eternity in His presence. I believe Jesus was the sacrifice for all of man’s sin; nobody else could do it but Him. I believe this season is joyful as the birth of the Messiah is the provision of the Father to redeem us from our iniquities. I will gladly share this with anyone who is interested, and if after hearing this, they wish to walk away, I will have fulfilled my joy and my duty to share His Gospel; there is no force, only concern for every man’s immortal soul.

Has any atheist or agnostic ever been “beat up” by a Christian in a “Gospel Riot”?

Billions of people around the world celebrate Christmas as an occasion for hope and joy, an occasion for forgiveness and renewal. I am sorry for those who choose to destroy a belief that has lasted for over 2,000 years and generations of believers.

Answer this question; “Why are people more generous, kinder, more loving and more joyful during this season, more than Thanksgiving, more than New Year’s Day, more than the Fourth of July; more than any other holiday celebrated anywhere on this planet?” Could it be that this day has been touched by God and reached a place in every human heart that loves Him?

I wish all of my readers and friends the most joyful of Christmas’s and the happiest of New Year’s. Be blessed by our Savior, see you all in January!

 

(Last blog for this year, have a great Christmas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment