Wednesday, June 20, 2012

"Audience Participation"


Several months ago, I wrote a blog called “Who Reads This Stuff?” which profiled all of the different nations that read this blog. I mentioned readers from all of Central Europe, Russia and most of Eastern Europe. Many readers came from the South American nations, much of South-East Asia and the Asian Peninsula including Red China and Japan. I have to admit, I am humbled by the fact that so many people are interested in what I write, as most of my blogs are targeted at my readers from the United States.

Over the course of the years that I have been writing these articles, my political philosophy has probably become quite apparent to regular readers. I am obviously no cheer leader for America’s current President, and if there is a “hit list” of private citizens my name could easily be on it. I am caustic and critical of Barack Obama and always try to back my statements with “cold hard facts”; I don’t deal in lies or conjecture and I don’t like “edited” quotes that have been “chopped” to serve a political purpose. I try not to resort to “name calling” and I don’t use racial or ethnic epithets of any kind (unlike some on the left). I believe if a point can’t be made in fact, then there is no point to make. I believe that the louder the argument the thinner the fact base; truth need not be cacophonous.

This is not my normal blog, as I am vexed about the last few days of my postings. I have many regular readers, and their views are available to me as I look at my statistics for each day.

Since Friday, June 15th 2012, I have no records of anyone viewing my posts for the last three days. I show viewing of many of my older articles, some as far back as 2010, but nothing for those recent posts. This is highly irregular, and I am not sure what to think.

My last posts have been fairly critical of Barack Obama, but that is certainly nothing new to anyone who reads my blogs. I don’t believe my criticism has ever bordered on “hate speech”, so I don’t think there could have been any legitimate complaints about content. I believe I have always offered an intelligent discourse to all of my readers; I want to stay clear of ranting and raving.

It is my sincerest hope that this is just a “glitch in the system” and not a form of censorship of free speech from my provider.

I don’t often ask for favors, and this will only cost you a little time. I ask that those of you who read this, please post a short comment or statement; nothing elaborate, I just want to see if this is just a system problem.

Thanks to all of you who read my blog, I hope you enjoy it and it provokes a thought or two!

1 comment: