Thursday, April 8, 2010

" F@*+king Huge!!"

Not long ago Obama-care was signed by the President and as Mr. Obama was about to make his remarks to the press he was introduced by Vice-President Joe Biden. Before Mr. Obama spoke Mr. Biden leaned into the President's ear and said, "This is F@*+king Huge!", within earshot of an open microphone. Regardless of my feelings about both of these men I think the use of such expletives in a public forum does a disservice to the offices they hold. I've always had my doubts about Joe Biden, personally I couldn't believe Obama picked him as a running mate, he is a walking disaster when it comes to political gaffs and has a brain fairly low on the evolutionary chart. Throughout the election, Biden continually made errors in judgement and facts coupled with a complete lack of tact. I must admit, I pray for a hedge of protection around Mr Obama for fear we would be left with Biden, the buffoon, as chief executive.

I remember the days of Dwight Eisenhower when the White House was a place of dignity and decorum, a place where respect for the office was taken seriously. Although Dick Nixon did his share of cussing, it was always done in private, never did it end up on a "Tee-Shirt Slogan". High office should have high standards.

I'm not so naive as to believe that foul language doesn't take place in any government office, yet, I believe those who hold public office must try to comport themselves with some dignity as they are supposed to be the model of what an American citizen should be. At times we exhibit shock over song lyrics and movie dialogue, yet not much was said when the man who holds the second highest office in America uses a word we see spray painted on an overpass to shock those who read it as they drive by.

We are molded by those we hold in high esteem, we emulate those we consider to be the model of what we want to achieve. Its funny that I've never heard Beck or Limbaugh use "gutter language", yet their words are soundly condemned by the left.

Perhaps the reason that the rhetoric of today is so vile is that the people for whom they speak are using the words of a street gang instead of the words of the educated. I hope the next time Mr. Biden gets excited about something, he will choose his words more wisely; Who knows someday he could be President.

No comments:

Post a Comment