Monday, November 23, 2009

"Giving Thanks"

This will be my only posting this week as I will be taking time away to be with other family members out of town for the Thanksgiving holiday.This being said I would like to take this time to talk about giving thanks. What should we be thankful for? I personally have many blessings in my life . First I must be thankful to my Creator who loved me enough to give His Son for my salvation from sin , the gift of love which is immeasurable through it's sacrifice. Secondly I am extremely blessed with a wife of thirty-two years who is the love of my life ,I really don't know how I rate spending my life with her. Now I must speak of my daughter , she is my heart in my hand , she is a delight to be around and the best part of myself , God gave me an amazing blessing with her. Next is my extended family , sisters and brother , their spouses , my nieces and nephews , and a brand new grand-niece who I will see for the first time this week. Being an Italian-American family is an amazing experience , every re-union is emotional and profound as we re-establish our relationships with both tears and laughter , and much great food! Now I must speak of my best friend Phil , he is closer to me then I can describe , I value him as a brother , even though we may be miles apart we speak to each other and it is as if only a day has passed since we have seen each other . Now I would like to speak of my church family , from my pastor , who I count as one of my best friends , to all the members of our congregation , the love of God is a presence that is pervasive as soon as you walk in our doors , something I am most grateful for. The final thing I would like to talk about is our wonderful country , The United States of America ,where we have freedom that is unmatched anywhere in the world. I am grateful for the "Founding Fathers" who gave us a document so well written we can still rely on it's validity today, over two-hundred and thirty years later. God has given the people of America a great blessing unlike any other nation in the world , individual freedom , we should remember this on a daily basis , and never take it for granted , it could slip away. As you spend time with friends and loved ones this week think about what has been given to you , freedom to worship , family , and a great nation in which to live . Take time to thank God , He did this all for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment