Thursday, November 5, 2009

"All-Star Team?"

Have you ever been put in a situation where you had to put on a "happy face"?This usually occurs when things are not going well for you , or , you are experiencing disappointment over a decision that didn't go your way. When I was ten years old at the end of my first season of playing little league baseball we had an all-star game , every kid in the league wanted a spot on the all-star roster.I was sure I would get a spot , I had great stats at the plate and I played three positions well , every kid on my team told me I was surely going to be picked to play on the all-stars. I had my ego fed even more when players from other teams told me they were expecting to see me in the game . Needless to say I was pretty full of myself , I thought I was "the greatest thing since sliced bread". Well the day came when the all-star roster was announced ; much to my shock and disappointment my name was conspicuous by it's absence. At ten years old this was the greatest tragedy I had ever had to deal with . I snuck off and shed some tears , careful not to let anybody see my un-manly behavior. My Dad could see the anger and disappointment in my face , he told me I had to be a man about it and "suck it up" life doesn't always go your way. Every kid from the league showed up at the ballpark on the day of the game , and I was questioned by most of them as to why I wasn't on the field. I listened to my Dad and said the coaches picked the player that they thought were the best and I had to live with their decision. Inside I wanted to scream at those coaches , but I knew that a real ballplayer went along with the calls those in authority made. Today the Obama administration got a call from the people of the United States that the administration was not happy with. This president believes he is the greatest thing since "sliced bread" and he doesn't take disappointment well. White House spokesmen have put whatever spin they could on a situation that is an obvious slap in the face to the Obama administration. The loss of two gubernatorial races , one in Virginia a "bell weather" state that is a measuring stick in most elections , the other in New Jersey a solid Democratic state in virtually every election since the "New Deal". These results indicate a major shift in the political winds from only one year ago . Oddly enough the administration is treating this as an aberration not indicative of the will of the people across America.It's time for the Obama administration to start listening to those who are really in charge of this country , the people of the United States of America . We don't need to be the ones putting on a "happy face" while our elected officials go down a path we see as detrimental to our national well-being. Those in positions of influence need to recognize that the landscape has changed , the wind has shifted ,and the American people are watching them. Let's be careful America , it's our turn to pick out the next "all-star team", we can impact the way the game is played , and who plays it!

1 comment:

  1. The administration needs to take into account the majority's feelings, which they have been ignoring. It seems like a personal vendetta from the far left.

    ReplyDelete